Your DIGITAL FOOTPRINT
Uou may not realise it BUT every time you go online you leave a trail!! Have a look in the history section of your website browser and you can see the websites you have visited in the past.
TOP TIPS TO KEEP YOUR FOOTPRINT AT BAY
- Treat your password like your toothbrush don’t share it with anyone and change it often.
- Always remember to logoff when you have finished with an online service.
- Use the Kidsmart great sites section to find the best areas of the net.
- Use your own digital footprints to remember your favourite websites like the history button and your bookmarks.
- Remember that most of the websites you visit will make a note of your visit and may also track the websites you visit before and after their website!
- Let an adult know if anything you read or see makes you feel worried or upset.
- Look at our film that tells you how to save a conversation on MSN.
If you have a concern, whether this be at school or at home. Speak to your parents or your teacher. You can speak to Miss Farr (our E-Safety Co-ordinator) and Ms Simmonds too.
Always be careful when you are using the internet. It can help you to keep in touch with your friends and help your education – but it can also cause harm – to you and to others.
Remember help is always available at school if you are having any problems online.
Don’t be afraid to talk to your teacher or another adult at school.
If you or anyone you know is worried about Child Exploitation, Online Protection or anything related to Internet safety please click the link below which will take you to the CEOP reporting website:
Tips for staying safe online:
· Make sure you keep new online friends strictly online. If someone you don't know asks to be your online friend you must ensure an adult knows about it.
· Know how to use the CEOP Button and how to report it to the CEOP Centre if you are concerned about someone’s online behaviour towards you.